May 22, 2017
1) EV3- Robot workshops will be held in room 57 after school tomorrow, the 23rd. Contact Mr. Ruby for more details.
2) There will be a "Farewell/End of the Year Dance" on Friday, June 16, from 6:30 - 8:30 at BEMS for 7th and 8th grade students. There will be music and decorations in the Lowlands Gym, games and sports in the Murchie Gym, a Photo Booth for fun pictures and food for sale. The dance is being organized by the Athletic Department. Tickets will be $5 at the door.
3) Today through Friday is Penny week! Containers will be in all homerooms for the whole week. The money collected will benefit the Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland. The homeroom that gathers the most pennies by the end of the week in each grade level will win a box of Munchkins from Dunkin Donuts. If you are willing to donate dog or cat food, please bring it to room 53, Mrs. Montgomery’s room.
4) Game Club is over for the school year.
5) 8th grade boys interested in playing summer basketball to come see Mr. Trull in room 32
donordrive.com/index.cfm? fuseaction=donorDrive. teamParticipants&teamID=5847
Student Council is holding a "Hat Day" on Friday, May 26th. Pay a dollar, wear a hat!
All proceeds will go to the Maine Cancer Foundation, where all of the money stays in the state! This money helps to support cancer-fighting programs all across the state of Maine. A group of parents, students, and staff are participating in the Twilight 5k on Th., June 8th at 7 pm at SMCC. It's a beautiful run around Bug Light. Please check out the link - you can either join the team "Savage Strong" (in memory of Dan Savage, a beloved member of the community and father of two MSAD 6 students, who passed away last year), or you can make a tax-deductible contribution! Or, just simply pay a dollar for "Hat Day" this Friday! A feel-good event for a great cause!https://mainecancer.